- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (or store-bought)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Optional toppings: cilantro, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, grated cheese, avocado, green onion, tortilla chips
- Place salsa, black beans, pinto beans, corn, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and chicken broth in slow cooker. Stir to combine. Nestle chicken into the slow cooker so that it’s completely covered by the liquid and other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite-size pieces. Stir chicken back into the soup.
- Serve with toppings as desired.
The taco soup can cook for longer than 6 hours if needed. I wouldn’t recommend cooking it more than 8 hours (on low).