This delicious Honey Lemon Chicken recipe is one of my favorite easy meal prep ideas for lunch or dinner during the week! Feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand, and serve with rice or quinoa.
HONEY LEMON CHICKEN BOWLS INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus*, cut into bite-sized pieces (ends trimmed)
- 2 cups chopped (small) broccoli florets
- Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups cooked rice or quinoa
- optional garnishes: toasted sesame seeds, lemon slices/wedges
HONEY LEMON SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- pinch of ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
TO MAKE THE HONEY LEMON CHICKEN BOWLS:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil (or butter) in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add the asparagus and broccoli, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Transfer the asparagus and broccoli to a clean plate, and return the pan to the heat.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil (or butter) to the pan, along with the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. Stir in the honey lemon sauce until the chicken is evenly coated, and cook for 1 minute or until the sauce comes to a simmer and thickens. Remove pan from heat.
- Portion the rice, vegetables and chicken evenly between 6 storage containers. Top with your desired garnishes. Then serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
TO MAKE THE HONEY LEMON SAUCE:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl or mason jar until combined.