1 medium onion, chopped
2 Tb butter
1/4 C flour
2 C pineapple juice
1 C brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 C ketchup
1 Tb soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 pounds chicken breasts
1 1/3 C mayonnaise (I used Best Foods Light)
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
1/3 C sugar
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 (14 ounce) bag of coleslaw salad mix
1. In a large deep skillet, melt the butter. Add the onions and cook until translucent.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, onion powder and ginger.
3. To the skillet, add the flour and stir it in. It will look kind of pasty.
4. Add the pineapple juice mixture to the skillet and stir. Allow it to come to a simmer while stirring and cook it for 5 minutes. It will start to thicken up for you.
5. Place the chicken in a 3-4 quart crock pot. Pour the sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
6. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred with two forks. Add it back to the crock pot and allow it to cook for another 30 minutes.
7. Top make the coleslaw, stir together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, ground mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour it over the the top of the coleslaw mix and stir to combine.
8. Serve the chicken, topped with coleslaw on a nice roll.