Prep Time:20 min
Cook Time:20 min
Total Time:40 min
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 16 flour tortillas (8-10″ each)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced olives
- In a large skillet (or stock pot), cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, one can of enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup salsa; set aside.
- Top each tortilla with 2/3 cup beef mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes (8 enchiladas per pan). Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or cover with aluminum foil and place in the freezer. If frozen, remove enchiladas from freezer, leave foil on pan and cook for approximately 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook additional 15-20 min, until bubbling and cheese completely melted.