– The crunchy recipe of our grandmothers!
Type of recipe: Lunch, Quebecers
Serving: 1 | Preparation time: 20 min | Cooking time: 1h | Total time: 1h20
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) vegetable fat
- 3 lbs minced pork finely chopped
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 pinch of sage powder
- 1 leaf bay leaf
- salt, pepper
- Melt fat in a thick pot
- Add pork
- Add onions, garlic, herbs, set and pepper.
- Add water and simmer uncovered for about 1 hour.
- Let cool for about 6 hours.
-To be served on rusks or bread. For a typical Quebec accompaniment.