Discover the recipe of Pretzel, a salty German specialty that makes young and old fall. Very easy to do to impress your guests.
Ingredients / for 6 people
- 500 g of flour
- 300 ml of cold milk
- 10 g baker’s yeast
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 30 g of soft butter
- Coarse salt
- 1.5 l of water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 40 g of sodium bicarbonate
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- baking:15 minutes
- Rest:1 h 30 mn
Total time: 2 h 15 mn
- In a large salad bowl, mix the flour and the salt and then add the yeast butter and cold milk. Knead well until the dough does not stick to the fingers.
- Let the mixture covered with a cloth stand in a warm place for 1h30.
- Boil water in a saucepan with salt and baking soda. Meanwhile spread the dough on a work plan and cut into 10 equal pieces.
- Shape pretzels or small chopsticks and dip them one by one in boiling water, wait for them to rise and drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C. Put the pretzels on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, sprinkle with coarse salt and make several cuts on each pretzel. Bake for 15 minutes.
Serve them as an aperitif with beer.