EASY peanut butter overnight oats made with just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes prep time. Naturally sweetened, vegan, gluten-free, and so delicious.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened plain almond milk (DIY recipe)
- 3/4 Tbsp (9 g) chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp (32 g) natural salted peanut butter or almond butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar, organic brown sugar, or stevia to taste)
- 1/2 cup (45 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- Sliced banana, strawberries, or raspberries
- Flaxseed meal or additional chia seed
- To a mason jar or small bowl, add almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, and maple syrup (or other sweetener) and stir with a spoon to combine. The peanut butter doesn’t need to be completely mixed with the almond milk (doing so leaves swirls of peanut butter to enjoy the next day).
- Add oats and stir a few more times. Then press down with a spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened and are immersed in almond milk.
- Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- The next day, open and enjoy as is or garnish with desired toppings (see options above).
- Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, though best within the first 12-24 hours.