Easy to make and fun to eat, these French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups are always popular with my family. A yummy twist on traditional french toast.
French Toast Sausage Roll Ups
- 8-10 slices soft and white or wheat sandwich bread
- 8-10 cooked sausage links
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Slice crust off of bread. Use a rolling pin or your hands to flatten the bread. Place a sausage link on the front edge of the bread and roll up tightly like a taquito.
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Grease well with butter.
- To a shallow dish add the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and flour.
- Dip sausage roll ups into the egg mixture, rolling gently to coat all sides, and place on hot griddle. Cook for a few minutes, turning gently as you go, until golden brown on all sides. Serve warm, served with syrup.